Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My Classroom

Since it is possible I will be moving to a different school next year, I thought I'd post some pictures of my classroom this year.


This is the view from the door when you first walk in toward the "front" of the class. The desks are on both side of the room facing each other.


This is the "back" of the class but I created my own large screen to project on, so the kids face this way often.


My projector cart in the middle of the room has wheels so it can be easily turned to to either project on the big wall when I use the Elmo or facing the SmartBoard when I use it. 





This is where I post Bellwork for the students to complete when they come into class. Next to it I have the agenda, standards and any other info they may need to know, like the next test or when something is due posted. 



Here is the calendar of assignments. When students are absent they look at the date and find any the notes and assignment they missed. The previous days notes and assignment are on in the folders on the wall while all others are put into filing boxes for them to retrieve, this is also where students find extra copies if they lose theirs. 
                                     



Here's a board of my class rules, school rules and graduation requirements. (Rules poster still has my maiden name)



These posters are all required for us to post, such as laws, policies, evacuation plan and the bell schedule. I also post any school flyers on the white board so it's like my news area. 
 
 

Some math posters from BYU and another white board used when students are in groups.
 
 
 

Here are the 8 Mathematical Practice standards in nice little 8.5x11 posters that can be found here.
 
 
 
.
Just some general math posters I got at Lakeshore Learning.
 
  
 
 
A teacher made this poster for every classroom...not that the students listen to it.
 
 

This is the student supply area. I keep the pencils on my desk though so I can keep an eye on them. It's amazing how quickly they disappear.
 
 

These are some pictures of my desk. I try to keep it clear or else things get lost. And the super cute name plaque my dad made me on his plasma cutter.
 
 
Behind my desk I keep binders with all my lessons for the classes I am teaching. Students turn in late or missing work to the tray on top of the filing cabinet. The rolley cart holds papers to be passed back(I tend to hoard them and when I hand them back it takes a half hour oops) I keep pictures on my wall and any notes or appreciation letters my students give me.

 
 
 
 
Papers with no names get pinned here.
 
 
 

100% tests and quizzes get posted here.
 
 
 
My husband got me the cutest paper weight for Christmas with an equation that solves to say i <3 u.



Lastely these are my favorite dry erase markers. They write smooth, erase nicely and are refillable!
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for looking at all my classroom pics!(I know there was a lot)
 
 









1 comment: